Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I'm Driven To Drink!


As some of you know we are going through a major road reconstruction in our downtown. Chestnut Street that runs through our downtown is closed for six weeks and that's  if  PENDOT stays on schedule. The entire length of this project is 9 months. Parking is non existent at this point so our town has become a ghost town. Some businesses have closed for the duration of the project, some have relocated to other towns. We are going to try and be open on Fridays and Saturdays. The rest of the time I am rambling around in the studio trying to find a  a direction to keep me busy. Yes, I could be making belsnickles but it's to hot. I don't feel much like Halloween quite yet so my afternoons are sitting at my workbench, twiddling with paint brushes, sketching ideas and watching Turner Movie Classics. The green guy pictured above did manage to crawl out of my head this past week. My husband asked me what it was...I think it represents me trying to deal with the construction ...I'm taking votes!

No comments:

Post a Comment