Thursday, July 12, 2012

Can you teach an old crafter new tricks?

Last night in an email, a new found friend stated she hadn't seen much of an internet presence for my business. After giving her comment some thought I realized she was exactly right. Had all this blogging, Facebook, tweeting,  live traffic feeds, Instagram and Flicker  passed me by and I didn't notice? Do I even know what I'm talking about? I've dabbled with Facebook the past few months, learned how to take and post a picture with Instagram but that's about it.After 27 years in the crafting business, I'm so entrenched in the "old school" way of doing thing's that I wonder if I even have the mental capacity of keeping up with all these new ways of promoting the craft that I have done for so long. I had to laugh at myself when I sat down to start this blog. I would think most blogger's sit down at their computer and type away  using spell check and auto correct. Well here I was, scribbling this first blog down on a piece of orange construction paper I found in my studio! Can you teach an old crafter new tricks? Well we will see..stay tuned!

Happy Days
Kay

2 comments:

  1. The answer is YES Kay, you can... so here's to the new blog and new online adventures too! ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete